Sunday, September 23, 2007

Rey is gone

Today Reynard (Rey for short) passed away. He has had breathing difficulties for over a year, but never showed any distress. Today he was obviously in distress, but before we could get him to the emergency vets he died in Pierre's arms. He was a real sweetie and will be missed. Here is a picture of him the first day we got him, just over 2 years ago.

Here's a more current picture. I'm sorry that I don't have a picture of his tail, which was magnificent. Rey was a Maine coon cat and very large, so much so that kids called him a monster cat. Despite this he loved to lay on my chest while I read in bed at night and he followed me around most of the day when I was home. I'll miss him.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sympathy on the loss of your lovely friend. I noticed his magnificent tail in the first picture.

Rebecca

11:29 AM  
Blogger Selwyn, The Crafty Engineer said...

Lisa, I am so sorry to hear about Rey...my deepest sympathies.

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home