Thursday, July 08, 2010

Painted Fabric

Some friends discovered Micky Lawler's Sky Dyes book so we played around with it. In this piece I was trying for a plaid, LOL. Oh well, at least I used up the leftover paint!

Sunset
Underwater
Sky

This was actually a fairly good sky, but when I hung it on the line to dry it folded on itself :-(


No idea what this will be, probably the base for an art quilt. I was trying to see how well the paints blend on wet fabric.

More using up leftovers: the 3 primaries

Another attempt at a sunset. As you can see, painting doesn't come naturally to me.


Red and yellow blended on the fabric then salt drizzled in a spiral. Interesting texture.
All in all I wouldn't call any of them thrilling, but the more you practice the better you get, right?
Lisa

1 Comments:

Blogger Diane Perin said...

Hi – I wanted to let you know that the Artful Quilters Blog Ring has moved. We’d love to have your blog move to the new ring! You can read about the details here: http://goingtopieces.blogspot.com/2010/07/artful-bloggers-ring-moving-follow-us.html
Thanks,
Diane
PS - gorgeous skydyes fabric results!

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home