Thursday, April 06, 2006

First Vest

This is one of my very first attempts at Wearable Art. It was made in a class by Lynn Dash in Williamsburg, Virginia, where I was living at the time. Lynn's sample was a black background with shades of blue on her paper pieced squares so naturally I chose something quite different :-)

The paper foundation pieced squares were produced at the shop where I took the class and are called Granny Nanny's. These are 1-3/4" squares, which is a great scale for a vest.

I made quite a few other vests (and a jacket!) using Granny Nanny's although many have been given away by now. I enjoy paper foundation piecing, especially small pieces.

1 Comments:

Blogger Selwyn, The Crafty Engineer said...

I remember this one from way back when! Glad to see it again!

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home