Sunday, October 07, 2007

Ambigrams

It seems like it's been a long time since I've been able to make something for no other reason than the pleasure of making it. That's what this jacket has been, a pleasure. I've enjoyed experimenting with stenciling and stamping on fabric, some Shiva paintstick rubbings and finally a bit of hand embroidery (see the closeup). I don't know if it will speak to anyone else, but I like it :-) And in case you can't really see it I did my first flanged binding: a 1/8" rust colored flange and black binding. It came out perfectly thanks to a little help from some fabric glue!

And the oddest part for me is... no shiny stuff! No glitter, metallic threads or beads. Hard to imagine, right?




1 Comments:

Blogger Selwyn, The Crafty Engineer said...

Very Cool!! Love it!

7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home