Monday, June 14, 2010

Kittens!

We went to the Humane Society on Saturday looking for a kitten. Our two cats are getting older (Cushman is 17 and Tchai is 10) and it seemed like a good time. We couldn't decide so we ended up getting two! Of course they will keep each other company :-) And no, they're not related, but were in the same enclosure.

It was almost impossible to get pictures of them together. They just never sit still or look in the same direction so here they are on Elisia's lap.

This is Kestrel, the female. It's already evident that she will be a mighty huntress :-)

She's the calmer of the two.


But full of curiosity.
And this little terror is Ninja


He's the male and almost never still. The only way I got these pictures is because Cushman came in the room and he stood still in his Halloween cat pose.


Then he calmed down a little.


And started looking around. He's the softer of the two and they both purr like crazy whenever we enter the room :-)

The house will never be the same. They are so much fun to watch, but it's a good thing we don't have any curtains. I'm not looking forward to the day when they discover my studio, LOL.
Lisa

2 Comments:

Blogger TiramiSue said...

One thing you will find having older cats, is kittens get in everything. I usually ended up with other people's cats so they were always older - good grief did I get a rude awakening when the last "old cat" (18) passed away and I got two kittens. There wasn't a thing they didn't try to climb - curtains, furniture, quilts, the dog. Gotta love cats!! Sue

3:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I saw your new Facebook profile photo I thought I might find more kitty pictures here and I wasn't disappointed!! They are adorable and I'm sure they will have the house in chaos for months to come.

Kathy Marker

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home