Friday, March 18, 2011

A Pillow!


I don't normally make pillows, but I needed something for the library. This matches the red couch and brings in the colors from the rug. In creating the design I took a 16" square of paper and divided it into eighths by drawing a horizontal line, a vertical line and 2 diagonal lines all passing through the center. Then I drew a design in only one of the eighths. I took it to my lightbox and traced it onto the other 7 areas. This way I got the symmetry I wanted without having to draw each side equally.

I fused the fabric in place and covered the raw edges with a double buttonhole stitch on my sewing machine. So quick and easy I think I'll make a few more!

I'm entering it into the Blogger's Pillow Party because she's the one who inspired me to get this done. Check it out!


Blogger's Pillow Party


Lisa

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachel at Stitched in Color said...

Thanks for entering the pillow party =)

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home