Friday, April 07, 2006

Scrap Quilts

A friend needed some examples of scrap quilts so I dug these out and photographed them. As long as I have the pictures I might as well post them here!
This quilt was a gift to my mother-in-law. We passed around the blocks in secret at her youngest son's wedding. We asked people to write whatever they wanted, draw a picture or just sign it. I assembled them into a quilt and presented it to her as a Christmas gift.

She passed away a couple of years ago and I was touched to see the quilt on display at her funeral. It was returned to me afterwards.

I made this quilt using Karen Stone's paper piecing patterns in a class by Jan Krentz before she became famous :-) It was a great class and Jan is a terrific teacher.



This is another Karen Stone pattern in another class with Jan Krentz. I had so much fun in the first class I couldn't resist taking another class with Jan.

See? I really do make quilts occasionally :-)

4 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

wow lisa, the center quilt is particularly beautiful. I love the softening of the pattern with the colours used. Mind you all your work is stunning. Thank you for showing and giving us such inspiration. x

3:20 AM  
Blogger Karoda said...

What a touching keepsake in the quilt you made for you MIL.

8:09 AM  
Blogger Liz Plummer said...

I love that middle quilt, particularly, Lisa. The way the light seems to shine through... Gorgeous.

6:25 AM  
Blogger Deborah Boschert said...

I love the Indian Orange Peel. Karen Stone has made some amazing patterns. Your version has amazing color choices. Great style!

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home