Sunday, March 22, 2009

Long Beach Catalog!

As I get ready to go to Chicago I received the Long Beach catalog yesterday. If you ordered one or took classes last year yours should arrive in a week or two. It's a pretty slim catalog compared to what is offered at Houston, but it's also a heck of a lot closer to home for me!

Just breezing through there were no stand-out must-take classes, but I put question marks next to 19 of them! Now to whittle it down to 2 or 3.

The sad part was there will be no Bernina Fashion Show luncheon. I really enjoyed that last year and was looking forward to lots of friends getting to see my ensemble on the runway as it's meant to be seen. The ensemble will be there for informal modeling (although they couldn't possibly show them all in only 1-1/2 hours if they do it as they did at Houston), but mine wasn't shown that way at Houston, despite being one of the finalists. I recommend going to the informal modeling as it's a great way to see the ensembles really close, but mine are meant for the runway and not up close viewing. That's why I never enter them into shows; they're made for visual impact under runway lights. There are no fine details I would include for up close viewing.

Sorry to get on my soapbox. Back to perusing the catalog and whittling down the classes and events to the final few.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home