Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Third Attempt

Here's my third attempt using the same flower drawing. This time I went with fused raw edge applique.
I created the flower first then auditioned various backgrounds. I couldn't find anything perfect. Everything was too busy or the wrong color until I found this hand dyed linen. It was good, but too bland so out came my Stewart Gill paints (yellow, ochre and olive) and some Stewart Gill rubber stamps (lovely because they're twice as deep as normal stamps and made for stamping on fabric). Now it has more interest without overpowering the flower.
But this one is not done yet. More to come.


Post a Comment

<< Home