Saturday, April 10, 2010

Page 57 Word 13

Last week our art quilt challenge was to look in the book you are currently reading, find page 57 and count to word 13. Use that word as inspiration for your quiltlet. I lucked out and my word was sleep. I painted the background blue since that is the color that reminds me of sleep. I searched the web and found a quote on sleep that I liked and wrote it on the quiltlet in swoopy lines using a navy blue Sharpie marker. Then I cut out swoops of several sheer fabrics: white, dark blue and a white with silver holographic dots. These represent dreams. I tacked them on with spray baste glue then quilted more swoopy lines across the quiltlet using a blue variegated thread.

To finish the edges I stitched curves around the quilt then cut it 1/4" away, leaving the batting showing. The unfinished edges make me think of how dreams are often unfinished as we drift in and out of them.

Lisa

3 Comments:

Anonymous Lori said...

Very creative. I love what you did. I just looked at the book I'm reading and the word is "No". hmmmmm

10:05 AM  
Blogger isa & marta said...

Fantástico, como una palabra puede despertar la creatividad, miraba hace un rato mi libro de trabajo y las palabras son "aprendizajes prioritarios" ummmmmm vere que hacer ahi. UN abrazo me encanto la representacion de los sueños y por supuesto la terminacion, nunca dejamos de soñar aun con los ojos abiertos , verdad??

11:24 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

What a great idea and cool results. I like it.

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home