Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Zentangles

I've been working on this one for about a year, off and on, and it's finally done. Yay!

I read about zentangles here: http://zentangles.com and I was impressed with some of the designs I saw. I decided to modify it a bit since my goal was a jacket so I sectioned off areas and then had fun in each section.

Eventually I was happy with the results and traced it onto the jacket fabric using a washout marker. I placed the jacket fabric over pre-washed flannel and pin basted. Each section was then free motion or walking foot stitched using either 30 wt or 40 wt black Sulky thread. All thread tails were pulling to the inside and knotted.

Here are the results:




As usual, it's prettier in person, but here are 2 close ups to give you a better idea.



Hope you like the latest addition to my wardrobe. This makes jacket #80 to go with the 27 vests and 6 long coats and who knows how many dresses and skirts... Good thing I have a wonderfully supportive husband!
Now I'm all set for my next guild fashion show. I like to have at least one new jacket for each show :-)
Lisa

3 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

Lisa, this is a beauty.

10:55 AM  
Blogger Mary Tabar said...

Hi Lisa, the jacket is outstanding-hope to see you soon.

11:20 AM  
Blogger Selwyn, The Crafty Engineer said...

Your usual spectacularness! (Is that a word?)

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home