Sunday, May 28, 2006

Dragonflies in the Air

Here are photos of my latest quilt. I started with a very simple variation of Birds in the Air and some scraps I wanted to use up. I wasn't too thrilled with the results until I stenciled some dragonflies in the light spaces. Stenciling is fun and easy! I made the stencils myself using freezer paper. I used each stencil 4 times before there wasn't enough stick to adhere.


I quilted the triangles in the ditch then free-motion quilted flight paths for the dragonflies in the light areas.

6 Comments:

Blogger Val said...

This is lovely! And what a good idea with the dragonflies.

2:15 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

I too love the dragonflies, what a good idea that was, they add an extra dimension to the quilt

11:55 AM  
Blogger Elle said...

Lovely!

10:04 AM  
Blogger Sandra said...

Your dragonfly quilt is beautiful and the dragonflies stand out and add so much to it.

5:44 PM  
Blogger Shirley Goodwin said...

Verrrrrry nice - and your dragonflies are a great touch.

Shirley in New Zealand

11:58 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

oo lisa this is lovely - such a striking balance with the cream.

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home