Friday, September 08, 2006

No Comments, How Sad :-(

I'm trying really hard to keep posting, but it's difficult when I don't get any comments. I need feedback! I know that a lot of people haven't discovered that I'm back yet, that will take time, but this is discouraging.

Yesterday I spent the day with Wendy, planning the semester. It seems like we change our minds every other hour, LOL. The projects don't change (much), but the order we do them in and how we present them changes all too frequently ;-) Oh well, they'll get great projects no matter how we present them.

I've decided to pull the pillow from the semester lineup. It's just not exciting enough. I'll make another in fabrics that are more "my" colors and go with that. It's a really quick and easy project, like most of them this semester. Think quick holiday gifts!

Speaking of which, I'll post a picture of the notebook cover I made. I call it Leaves Adrift and it's raw-edged leaves with serpentine stitching on the edges (freemotion or just one of your machine's decorative stitches) to hold them down. I like the idea of a notebook cover each semester so they can keep their handouts in one place and the cover will identify which semester's work is inside. They could even hole punch some baggies for their nametag and samples of some of the handwork we do in class.

I'm off to work on MY name tag :-) Have a great weekend.
Lisa

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lisa,

I liked the pillow but it seemed so unlike your work - not colorful enough!! Love today's leaves. Much more like the Lisa I remember.

Debbie in NH

5:27 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Hi Lisa,
Sorry I missed you at quilt show, I think we were heading out about the time you arrived. I enjoyed seeing Jan Krentz's work but thought most of the rest was ho hum. Still, I'd hate to see the show cancelled.

I really love the colors in your notebook cover. How terrific that you are so involved in teaching now! I remember back when you were nervous about starting, now just look at how far you have come. You go girl! Jen

8:17 AM  
Blogger Diane Perin said...

Welcome back! I like the colors in your recent leaf quilt! And, btw, probably the best way to get comments is to leave comments on other blogs so you develop a personal relationship with other bloggers...

7:19 PM  
Blogger Ferret said...

People don't seem to feel they should leave comments, no idea why. I've answered your questions on my blog. Thanks for visiting and leading me to another interesting blog. I like teh leafy journal cover, right up my street.

2:47 PM  
Blogger arlee said...

You're back!!!!!!!!!
I like the idea of the journal cover for each semester--i could see it also for specific project noyes---lovely idea!

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home