Saturday, September 02, 2006

San Diego Quilt Show

I went to the San Diego Quilt Show yesterday. Wendy and I sold opportunity tickets from 2-4 for the Friendship opportunity quilt, designed by Peggy Martin. It was an easy sell since it's a gorgeous quilt :-)

The show itself was very nice. No, it's not on par with a Mancuso show or even Road to California, but it's a very nice show. Attendance was quite low while we were there and there's been talk of discontinuing the show. We've already lost the wearable art guild here and it would be a shame to lose our quilt show, too, considering how many guilds there are in the area. The vendors seemed unhappy that there was so little traffic, too.

I didn't buy much, but I found some lovely wooden seam rippers (hey, everyone has to do a little reverse sewing every now and then, just to keep themselves humble!). The handles were made from a variety of woods in a variety of styles and it was hard to choose. So I bought two!

I did come away with lots of inspiration, an idea for another jacket :-) and lots of compliments on my totebag. I'll be teaching the totebag in a workshop in Escondido in September. I'll try to post a picture of it later today once the sun is up.

Meanwhile I'll be plugging away on the class samples. I have the placemats and tablerunner done except for the binding and am almost done making the 4 maple blocks for a pillow. I still have 2 notebook covers, a tree skirt, a couple of name tags and a quilt to make. All in 10 days. Yikes! I'd better get sewing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home