Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Jacket Patterns part 2

I understand that the McCall's pattern that I recommended is already out of print. Isn't that always the way? I spent an hour or so at JoAnn's searching the pattern books for an alternative. While none were perfect here are a few that could be made to work:

McCalls 5143 view B has button loop closures in the front and a stand up collar (my favorite)
Simplicity 4109 has cuffs and a collar. You would need to get rid of the cuffs, modifying the sleeves. The collar could stay, if you wish.
Butterick 4056 Just Jennifer has a very loose fit and looks large in the collar area, but would work for our design
Butterick 3573 view D has small darts in the sleeve and back shoulder area of the jacket. You could probably keep these darts, but would have to be careful in the placement of your strips of 3-D designs on the back.

Other than these commercially available patterns I'm sure there are plenty of quilterly jacket patterns out there by independent companies. Just remember to look for a very simple pattern with no darts and only 3 pieces: back (cut on fold, no seam), front (cut 2) and sleeve (cut 2). I'll look in the local shops this week to see if I can find any that I could specifically recommend.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish you would put you web site address on your blog. thank you

10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home