Monday, May 05, 2008

Split Circles and LA Garment District

I went to the LA garment district today for the first time. It was so awesome! The haggling and the shops reminded me a lot of Bahrain, but without the really long and expensive plane trip. I found some great silk dupioni for only a little more than it is in Bahrain and some other shiny goodies as well :-) I had a great tour guide (thanks Stephanie) and a fun fellow tourist (hi Suzanne) and now I'm exhausted. Yay!

This is the last week of classes for the semester. I will be teaching the split circle quilt pictured below. You don't need to bring anything for the lesson, but don't forget to bring ALL your sharing AND your camera (with good batteries!). Snacks are welcome, but not necessary, especially since I gave in and joined Weight Watchers last weekend ;-)


Looking forward to seeing you there,
Lisa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home