Thursday, March 26, 2009

Rhap Group

I have been getting together every other week with a few other quilters to work from Ricky Tims' Rhapsody book. I thought I'd take some pictures and show you the progress that the others have made. This one is Patty's and the colors are actually a little softer than the picture shows. Isn't it going to be wonderful?
And this is Jerre's on the wall in her fabulous studio. Another beautiful piece. She has a closet full of bright and beautiful quilts waiting for her to longarm quilt them, too!
Jan was on vacation so I don't have a picture of hers. Mine you saw a week ago: the navy, red and gold jacket back.
We are all finding it slow going and a difficult quilt to make. Definitely not a beginner project! I think the results are well worth it and it has inspired me to some new design ideas. Stretching is a good thing.
When I look at all the Turning 20 and Yellow Brick Road quilts I worry sometimes that quilters are only interested in things that can be completed quickly instead of making the beautiful pieces that require a serious time commitment. Of course it's nice to have quick patterns for that emergency baby gift, but shouldn't we all have some knock-your-socks-off long term projects as well?

Lisa

1 Comments:

Anonymous Retre said...

Wish you good luck with this difficult pattern. How much time you think you need in order to finish it?

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home