Saturday, January 16, 2010

We've Moved

Thank you to all my loyal readers. Huge apologies for not posting for such a long time. We found the perfect house and had to dash around getting our old house ready for sale, including dismantling my studio. Our house sold in 4 days!

My husband decided that we could move ourselves (never again! I'm too old for all that lifting!) so it took much longer, but we're finally in and most of the boxes are unpacked. There are still pictures to hang and my studio is lacking the design wall, but we're almost settled.

The new house is in Escondido and is so beautiful. We have a southern view over a meadow towards the hills and we see beautiful sunrises AND sunsets. Every morning I wake up and feel so happy just to be there :-)

The only down side to the house is that it is quite far from the main road and it shares a private drive with 3 other houses. Because of the distance there is no cable tv or internet. We could get satellite, but I've been spoiled by the superfast connection we've had in the past so I'm holding out for that. The company says it will take 3-4 months so don't be surprised if you don't hear from me often. (I'm typing now from my laptop in a hotel room where I'm staying while at Road to California.)

Just think of the extra time I will have to sew without the siren call of the computer trying to drag me off course and into the land of the cybernet.

Take care and keep checking back as I will be writing when possible.
Lisa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home