Monday, August 10, 2009

Meow!

I am finally starting to adjust from living alone to having the whole family back under one roof. It's quite a change and I enjoy spending time with all of them. Unfortunately I find I'm not getting nearly as much done! Too many temptations :-)

I had a show in Redondo Beach last weekend and as usual it has rejuvenated my enthusiasm for making wearable art. There's nothing like a room full of admirers to make you want to create new art!

Here is my latest jacket, hot off the presses (or sewing machine, Meow! The cats are my own design and a new technique as well: stenciled applique.

There are 5 cat designs in all and 9 patterns (4 of them are reversed).

I am in the process of making a quilt from the same cats in different fabrics.


I'm not sure if you can tell, but my cats are fused, then buttonhole appliqued in place. Of course you could satin stitch them or do turned edge applique also. If it goes over well I hope to make these into a pattern and teach it.

And keeping with my latest fun twist I've stenciled the lining as well. This one features a Laura Murray stencil of a tree and Stewart Gill paints.

Back to work,
Lisa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home