Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Playtime with Angelina

I've been having a blast playing with Angelina fibers and film. It was all the rage a few years ago and naturally I had to buy some, but I didn't really have time to sit down and experiment with them until recently. This is my Angelina fiber jacket. I call it "Peacock" because I stenciled peacock feathers in the lining.
A side view

And a closeup showing one of the quilting patterns on the Angelina.

To begin with I made sheets of Angelina and quilted them onto a matching background fabric for strength and stability. After all, clothing gets a lot of wear! I did a different quilting pattern on each color of Angelina. Unfortunately Angelina is one of the most difficult substances to photograph! Suffice it to say it looks better in person :-)

Here is a postcard I made using Angelina fibers, film, some trapped odds and ends and some beads.

And finally an upside down :-) picture of a greeting card inset made from a variety of Angelina techniques. I'm really jazzed about all the things you can do with these fibers and plan many more explorations.
I will be teaching a class (All That Glitters #418) on Thursday night at Road to California in January 2010 on Angelina as well as glitter and foiling. I just love bling! Sign ups started today and the class is filling quickly (only 8 seats left as of this morning) so hurry on over if you're interested. http://www.road2ca.com/classINFO.html
Lisa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home