Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Final Discharge Pictures

Here are the last pictures of my experiments from our Rhap Group playday. I'm sorry but I was having too much fun playing to remember to take pictures of what the others were doing. You'll have to take my word for it that there was other great stuff happening.


This piece started out bright crayon orange. I used some 5-petal flower flower shapes that Jan's husband cut. I think they ended up looking more like starfish, but that's okay. Again I would clamp each petal next time and use a more diluted bleach/water solution.

About the only thing I can draw freehand is a tree so I played with a variety of solid fabrics drawing as many different trees as I could think of. The star of the show is the army green piece that turned a delicious gold. And that's my first ever palm tree, LOL.

Again I want to highly recommend that you invite a group of friends, grab a bunch of cleaning supplies that contain bleach (do NOT use anything containing ammonia as bleach and ammonia produce a toxic gas!) and have at it. Who knows what exciting fabric you will produce?

Lisa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home