Thursday, July 30, 2009

More Catching Up

I can't believe that another week has gone by already. I've been so busy!

Long Beach was fabulous! Just imagine a party with long time friends, plenty of new friends to meet and all the cool quilting goodies and eye candy you can imagine. Just too much fun!

I came home with some cool new ideas and lots of enthusiasm. Compliments on all the jackets I wore as well as on Da-Doo-Ron-Rendezvous were gratefully received and I made some wonderful new contacts in the quilt world. One of these years I hope to teach there as well.

And I when I came home there was Jake! I hadn't seen him since Christmas so it was wonderful to see him again. He's mostly settled back into his old room. Now we just need to get him to put a little more weight on. He's painfully thin (6'2" and 120 lbs) so I took him grocery shopping. I want to make sure there are plenty of good things for him to eat whenever he feels hungry. It must be working because he seems to eat ALL the time, LOL.

I did find time for my Monday Mini Quickie this week despite all the distractions. This one is all raw edged and several layers fused together, so quite stiff, but that's okay for an art quilt. The uppermost layer is one of the gelatin monoprints I made using a variety of paint colors. There are 3 layers reverse appliqued underneath and the edges further secured with free motion applique.

One further benefit of having Jake home is he brought me an early birthday present: a super new computer! I haven't loaded everything onto it yet (like my photo editing software) so you'll have to take my word for it that this mini quilt looks much better in person!

Lisa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home