Thursday, August 13, 2009

August 10 MMQQ

Here's my Monday Mini Quilt Quickie from August 10. It started with a piece of PFD on which I drew dots with variously colored Sharpie markers. Rubbing alcohol was then applied to get some color migration. It sat in my "what do I do now" pile until I came across it this week.

My son happened to be with me so I had him select a variety of sheers from my stash (many were purchased when we lived in Bahrain where you can get lots of them for very little money). Using paper circle templates I stitched around the sheers then trimmed away the excess. Then I machine trapuntoed them using 2 layers of a polyester batting. Finally I added a low loft cotton batting and quilted it, circling each "bubble" then stippling to make the background recede. I like it and think it's an art quilt, but not your typical dark and tonal art quilt with a deep inspiring message, LOL. I guess I'm not going to be a typical art quilter (grin).

And today I turn 52. Happy Birthday to me! I plan on celebrating by doing whatever I please all day including brownies for breakfast and dinner out tonight with my son (the only one at home this week).

Thanks for reading my blog!
Lisa

1 Comments:

Blogger José Carrilho (Go Detail) said...

Hi Lisa,

This work looks awesome.
Although a bit late, congratulations and may you count many more with health and love in the presence of family and friends.

Kind regards,

José

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home