Saturday, February 27, 2010

Doves

Someone once told me that Coulomb (that's the way it's SUPPOSED to be spelled, but it was anglicized when they moved to Canada) meant pigeon or dove. Not being to fond of pigeons naturally I chose to think of the latter.

I used the shape of a dove for the following 3 play pieces.

Trapuntoed dove with feathers quilted using holographic metallic Sliver thread.

Curved pieced dove using gradations of value


Line drawing of a dove using complementary colors.
My favorite is the last one. Which one is your favorite?
Lisa

1 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

I LOVE your dove! (Couldn't resist) I like the third one best, also...the smooth lines against the circles in the complementary color...it really works!

(Just re-found your blog, that's why the very delayed comment)

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home