Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Seminole Tote Bag and Upcoming Events

Here's a picture of the Seminole pieced totebag I made for the Palomar class that Wendy and I are teaching this semester. I really miss fall this time of year (but not the chilly weather that follows!) so I make myself happy by creating pieces using my favorite fall colors.

This week was the start of the fall semester classes at Palomar. So far we've had two classes of over 40 students each! How exciting! Tomorrow will bring 2 more classes, and if this trend continues we'll have record attendance.

I have other commitments in September along with the Palomar classes:

Monday night, September 18th I'll be the featured speaker, narrating a fashion show at North County Quilters in Escondido. I'm hoping that lots of Palomar students will come so I can see lots of friendly faces :-) Wendy won't be with me this time because she's the featured speaker at Canyon Quilters in San Diego at the same time. I'll miss helping her with her talk and I'll definitely miss her help running the back room! The models often become so engrossed in checking out the jackets that they forget they're supposed to be getting ready to come out and walk the "runway"!

Sunday afternoon, September 24th I'll be doing another fashion show at an afternoon tea at the Sundance Clubhouse. It's a dressy affair with hats and gloves, there's a scrumptious menu and it sounds like it will be a blast!

Saturday, September 30th from 10-4 I'll be doing the curvy bias tote bag workshop for North County Quilters at Bits and Pieces in Escondido. If anyone is in the area and interested I think there are a few more openings!

And in October (October 21st to be exact) I'm doing a curvy bias jacket class at Paradise Sewing in Poway. Then I'm free until after the holidays other than the usual 4 Palomar classes per week. Yep, I'm busy, but loving it!

Today is my 20th wedding anniversary. We celebrated last week because my sweet husband is out to sea. Yup, he not only manages to be away for my birthday almost every year, but this year he managed to LEAVE on our anniversary! Good thing I'm a tough Navy wife, LOL. I'm celebrating by eating homemade chocolate chip cookies (my all time favorite food) and going to bed early. Just as soon as I set the VCR to tape Project Runway :-)

Lisa

3 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

I know what you mean about the autumn colours Lisa... I miss the trees changing as there are very few where I live. The bag is lovely though and just right for the season, and my! your so busy with classes. How on earth do you manage 40 students at once...just think of the chatter volume!!

6:14 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

sorry forgot to say...happy aniversary! 20 years is definately worth celebrating. congratulations!

6:16 AM  
Blogger Grangry said...

Super seminole sampler!

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home