Friday, April 06, 2007

Floral Sampler

Here are 3 pictures of the Floral Sampler jacket that Wendy and I taught in the spring of 2006. Each section was a new lesson and many were 3-dimensional, a real favorite of mine. I also designed a quilt to use the same squares, but unfortunately I don't have a picture of it. When the sun comes up I'll try to get one so you can see the differences and similarities.

This picture shows the thistle with 3-D fringe, paper pieced tall flowers, the 3-D morning glories on the sleeves, the ruched flowers and the 3-D star flowers.

This picture shows the simply pieced tulip block, the fringed flowers and the thread painted 3-D flowers

And this section shows another paper pieced flower, some crazy roses, the 3-D raw edged hydrangeas and the dragonfly pin I made to wear with the jacket. All sections were delineated by flanges. It was a fun project to design and to make!


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home