Friday, August 03, 2007

Finishing Redwork and Correction

Boy is my face red. I made a boo-boo on the directions for the side setting triangles on the Celtic piece and it's the worst kind of error: the pieces are too small. Where the directions say to cut a 17" square along both diagonals it "should" read cut a 21" square along both diagonals. Thanks to Beth who discovered that for me. I'll be announcing it in class next week, but just in case you're at that point now...

Remember all those redwork blocks that you've been diligently sewing in class and at home? Well this week I'll show you how to make a faced circle with an accent color inside to frame them. (If you didn't want to do the redwork you could position a large scale flower or an Oriental print in the circles.) I'll also show you how to make the alternate blocks. Don't panic if you don't have all the redwork squares done yet. There are 9 patterns and you only need 5 for this project. Please let me know if you've enjoyed the handwork process. Positive feedback is always aprreciated.

Redwork closeup

Redwork Quilt (it's actually Purplework!)
Next semester starts the week of September 11th. I'll be sending around roll-over signups the next 2 weeks of classes. I can't roll you over if you didn't attend this semester though. And don't forget to keep checking back here between semesters. I will post one picture of a fall project some time during the break!
Thanks for checking my blog,
Lisa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home