Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Sharpie Orientation Experiment

I wanted to see what would happen when I colored similar designs but held them in different orientations when adding the rubbing alcohol. Here are the results.

This piece was pinned to a clothesline with the stripes running vertically. Notice how the colors did not run together as much.

This piece was pinned to the clothesline with the stripes running in a horizontal orientation. There was a lot more blending of the colors. If I was planning this in the future I'd have my lighter brighter colors at the top. Some of the lighter colors in the bottom half were obliterated.
In all I think either of these would work for a sunset and the bottom one would be especially good for water reflecting a sunset.
Lisa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home