Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Redwork Revisited

I may be trying to become at art quilter, but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy handwork or some of the more traditional techniques.

A few years ago I taught how to make this piece including how to do the redwork. Okay, it's purple, but it's the same thing...

Naturally when I started the project I had no idea what I was doing so I ended up with a few extras. They sat around and sat around.

While watching the Olympics I needed something to do so I found these and added some Stewart Gill Pearlise paints. I chose those because they leave the fabric soft and supple and they come in pretty pastels.



I still have no idea what I'm going to do with them, but they're more interesting now and don't look quite so much like leftovers from the previous project. And the colors are great for my bedroom!
Lisa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home