Saturday, February 18, 2012

Works in Progress!

Thanks to Nick Coman http://www.dragonflythreads.com I finally sent my pattern out to be multi-sized (graded)! It will not happen overnight and I still need to see about printing, etc., but it's finally on its way. I'm very excited!

Meanwhile I'm working on a reversible jacket. It doesn't have a name yet. I wonder if each side should have a name or if I should just name the entire jacket. Any opinions? I've never made a reversible jacket before so this question has never occurred to me. Oooh, it would be really clever if it read forward for one side and backward for the other. (example: Flamingo is Pink and Pink is Flamingo only that's a pretty lame example. Help!) Or maybe a palindromic name...

Hmm, where do you put the label on a reversible jacket?

I'm also working on a positive/negative jacket called trees. I'm quite pleased with the blocks, but I need to figure out which layout to use. I sent sample layouts to several friends; I'm just awaiting their responses. I've looked at it too long to be objective.

AND after seeing all the recent interest in hexagons and English paper piecing I've decided to get back to work on my Hexie jacket. The body of the jacket is done, but I still have the sleeves to make. I put it away when we got the kittens since I had everything laid out on a styrofoam sheet for easy transport. I probably don't have to tell you how the kittens felt about styrofoam...

Life is good!
Lisa

1 Comments:

Blogger Selwyn, The Crafty Engineer said...

For the label...in the pocket! Of course that assumes there is a pocket...

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home