Thursday, February 28, 2008

Concert News and Happy Birthday

Today is Jake's 19th birthday. Happy birthday Jake! (Doesn't he look better with shorter hair?!) And Elisia called me to tell me how her concert went tonight. Her band was one of 16 selected in the country to perform at the National Honor Band Festival in Indianapolis this week. Despite the fact that her tuba was damaged en route (argh!) she performed beautifully. She had several short solos in one piece and she tells me she played "pretty good". If you know teenagers that means great!

After the concert they went back for a review/critique (sorry I wasn't there so I don't know the actual terms). The man asked which tuba had performed the solos and she raised her hand. He told her she did a great job! I'm so proud of her and I could tell she was walking on air! She's having a terrific time and the rest will be just fun stuff: clinics, listening to other bands, a trip to the mall, social gatherings, etc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home