Sunday, February 01, 2009

Opinions Sought

Lately I've been working on a new jacket with inserted strips. Here is the second one, currently "in process". It's not thrilling me. Can anyone give me an idea why and what's wrong? Am I just tired of looking at it? Are the colors just "not my colors"? Is there something wrong with the concept?











Below is an earlier version of a similar jacket made with inserted strips. This one makes me happy and I had fun beading it, too!
Shall I toss the second version, make changes (if so... what?) or carry on and finish it (I'm about 40% done)? Please send me an email or leave a comment.
Thanks,
Lisa

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the fabrics are too busy. The jacket you made and love is much calmer to the eye. The one you are working on is much harsher and abrupt. I think you would have to overpaint or dye it to make it work. Just my opinion.

Lunachance

11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's very busy and difficult to tell the actual design from the smaller picture. You've used a solid color on the one you have done. If you use solid colors for the back ground, it might be more to your liking.

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home