Sunday, November 05, 2006

Hard at Work

I know that I haven't posted for a while, but I have been busy sewing. Really I have! Here are a few pictures as proof.
This is a tote bag that I have been developing so I can offer it as a workshop to accompany my guild trunk shows. It has six 3-dimensional techniques that I enjoy teaching. I have a 3-D jacket in my fashion show that also incorporates many of these techniques and is another example of what you can do with these ideas.

This is my version of a tree skirt for a new pattern that Wendy is writing. The colors in my photo are bit yellowed/darkened, but this is the best I could get. Suffice it to say that those are true reds and the center and borders are more creamy than yellow. Wendy's version is a very elegant skirt in shades of cream in a variety of textures and fabrics with gold lame' triangles. It's always difficult for me to come up with something different after she's made a beautiful sample, but I enjoy the challenge :-)

The rest of what I've been working on are samples for teaching next semester so I can't show those yet. Soon, I hope!

5 Comments:

Blogger Selwyn, The Crafty Engineer said...

Gorgeous tree skirt! Like the bag too!!

7:35 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Beautiful work as always! I love the bag and tree skirt both. Jen

10:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lisa,
I really like your blog site, it is great to see and hear what you have been up to. Looks like you have been busy and very creative, as usual. love the tree skirt
This October, I got my web site up
http://web.mac.com/sewquilt
my christmas cards should be in the mail soon, I hope. I have a new puppy so I have been busy training.

6:32 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

Fantastic tree skirt! Must put one on my "to Make Next Year" list! Yours looks great! :)

8:22 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

have a wonderful festive season Lisa and all the very best for a creative 2007

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home