Thursday, February 03, 2011

Steps in Quilting: Drafting

The step that follows designing, most of the time is drafting. I have to admit this is not one of my favorite parts of quilting. I'm more of a fly-by-the seat-of-your=pants kind of girl. However most of the time it is necessary to draw up a block, or draft an overall layout of what you have in mind. I admit I must be in the correct frame of mind to draft a new project. And honestly there have been plenty of ideas that have not been drafted. I figure that if I'm not interested and excited enough about a new idea to draw it out then it's probably not worth making. Does this step stump you, too?

As a side note, while I was on my computer yesterday there was a flash and the screen went dark. Immediately a high pitched whistle, which sounded eerily like a scream, started. Panicked I called my son in and he pronounced the battery backup/ surge protector dead. Phew! Of course it took another day to procure one and hook it up, but I'm happy to say that all is well.

Look at the link my daughter sent me! http://yfrog.com/hsiugauj

Lisa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home